On 8th December 2018, the State Foreign Trade Company Ukrinterenergo took part in the auction held by SE NPC Ukrenergo for allocation of cross-border capacity of the interstate power networks of Ukraine for the period from 01.01.2018 to 31.12.2018.
According to the results of the auction, SFTC Ukrinterenergo has gained an opportunity to carry out electricity exports in the following directions:
1) Burshtyn TPP Island (Ukraine) – Hungarian Energy System for the period from 01.01.2018 to 31.12.2018 with the capacity of 20 MW;
2) Unified Energy System of Ukraine – Unified Energy System of Belarus:
– for the period from 08.03.2018 to 22.04.2018 with the capacity of 62 MW;
– for the period from 29.04.2018 to 05.06.2018 with the capacity of 62 MW;
– for the period from 21.07.2018 to 26.08.2018 with the capacity of 71 MW;
– for the period from 30.08.2018 to 14.10.2018 with the capacity of 62 MW.
In total, in the above-mentioned directions, 4 reserves (500 MW each) for electricity exports to the Unified Energy System of Belarus and 1 reserve with the capacity of 300 MW from Burshtyn TPP Island to the Hungarian Energy System were put on auction. The cross-border capacity in directions Ukraine – Slovakia, Ukraine – Romania, as well as Ukraine – Poland were not set for an auction.
In accordance with the Procedure for conducting electronic auctions for allocation of cross-border capacity of the interstate powernetworks, approved by the decision of the NKREKP of 28th March, 2017 No. 426 the SFTC Ukrinterenergo has entered into Agreement on access to the interstate power networks of Ukraine with SE “NPC “Ukrenergo” by acceding to the Agreement in general.
In order to effectively utilize the acquired cross-border capacity, the company is in active negotiations regarding cooperation in the field of electricity exports, both under existing foreign economic contracts and with the new interested parties.